I’ve written before about the benefits of honey during the menopause, you can read my post here, but, after trying raw honey I immediately became a convert and was keen to find out more.
Raw Pot Health Raw Honey with Royal Jelly is absolutley delicious and in a league of its own, I doubt I’ll ever buy ‘normal’ honey again. As per Raw Pots instructions, I’m gradually increasing the amount of raw frozen honey I eat each day* and plan to add it to cereal and yoghurt.
As bees dance from flower to flower, absorbing the sun and distributing pollen along the way, they emit a healing frequency that promotes soul and emotional restoration. This is something we can’t fully understand on a rational level, but our cells understand. When you make yourself aware of the bees and ask your body to tune its channels to their frequency, all of the cells in your body will start to resonate with this healing vibration.Anthony William
Why raw honey?
Honey in its raw state is a living food, naturally containing an array of enzymes, friendly bacterial cultures, prebiotics, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals being considered a medicinal food used to support various biological functions.
When honey is processed, done through various techniques such as heating, boiling, pasteurization, filtration, treatment with solvents and/or additives it becomes denaturated, enzymes, probiotics, minerals, vitamins, antibacterial compounds being lost through heating procedures as these nutrients are highly sensitive to heat, antioxidants become oxidized and as a result it becomes a devitalised food with little to no benefits when it comes to health.
Other aspect equally important when it comes to honey’s health benefits is what the bees have been fed with. If they are fed with sugar, glucose syrups, high fructose syrups, etc, their health being treated with antibiotics then all of these chemicals are found in the honey we ingest, having a great impact on our health.Anna Maria Founder Raw Pot Health
All of the above aspects, nowadays tend to depreciate honey, the remedy used from ancient times, being often considered a simple sugar, often linked to weight gain and obesity, diabetes, etc when in fact honey in its raw state, is a powerful, sacred food, used in healing, the food of the Blue zones used for longevity and vitality.
Royal Jelly rejuvenates and regenerates the body, thereby inhibiting the aging process, being an extraordinary source of folate and raw bee pollen rejuvenates us at the cellular DNA level with enzymes, B vitamins, complete protein and polysaccharides.
I was interested to find out about the benefits of raw honey during the menopause, Anna Maria, co-founder of Raw Pot Health kindly shared the following:
The benefits of raw honey during the menopause:
- Supports digestion and helps reduce menopausal bloating due to its wide variety of enzymes, probiotics and prebiotics
- Supports energy production due to its vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, reducing stress and fatigue
- Reduces insomnia, improving sleep by helping the body produce melatonin. Fructose and glucose allow tryptophan to enter the brain, which turn into niacin, then creating serotonin which in turn produces melatonin, essential hormone for sleep
- Supports liver function having a hepato-protective effect, reducing cell inflammation and degeneration in the liver.
- Helps decrease stress, irritability due to flavonoids present in raw honey (quercetin, luteolin, kaempferol, apigenin, chrysin) and phenolic acids.
- Helps boosts immunity, inhibiting pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites. Its antioxidant content, flavonoids and polypehnols protect the integrity of the cells and tissues, preventing damage to immune cells as well as promoting the production of white blood cells, in particular, T and B cells and natural killer cells, all important components of the immune system.
- Supports dehydrated skin. Raw honey is a natural humectant, having the ability to hold onto water, keeping the skin hydrated and nourished. Great for topical use. Apply a thin layer of raw honey, leave it on for at east 15 minutes and then gently rinse it off.
- Helps boost brain activity, reducing brain fog, difficulty concentrating due to its antioxidant capacity and with regular consumption can have nootropic effects.
- Helps reduce blood pressure and support cardiovascular system due to its flavonoid content
- Supports bone health due to its mineral content, facilitating calcium assimilation and due to its anti-inflammatory proprieties, acting upon several signalling pathways
- Supports weight management, helping control appetite and kick start metabolism.
Isn’t this impressive? At present I can only report my taste experience but after putting raw honey to the test I will up date this post. I’m really excited and hopeful!
I have been eating Raw Pot Health Raw Honey with Royal Jelly for three weeks now and am delighted to report that my energy levels have significantly improved. I feel better than I have for months, even pre-Covid. I’m no longer ready to drop by 2pm. Obviously, it’s early days but I feel fantastic and am struggling to attribute it to anything else! I will keep you updated.
Have you tried raw honey? I’d love to know what you think.
Thank you for stopping by,
ps – Figs, raw honey and cranberry, raisin and cashew nut bread is THE nicest lunch ever!