During perimenopause, women may experience a number of changes in their skin. This can include dryness and sensitivity.
Here are my top tips for caring for your skin during this period of hormonal flux:
- Use a gentle cleanser to clean your skin. Avoid using harsh products, which can strip the skin of its natural oils and cause irritation.
- Apply a moisturiser, especially after washing your face or showering. This will help to keep your skin hydrated and prevent dryness.
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, which can cause sunburn and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Avoid smoking, which can damage your skin and accelerate the aging process.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out.
- Avoid using harsh, abrasive products on your skin, such as facial scrubs and astringents. These can cause irritation and make your skin more sensitive.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. This will help to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Some of my favourite brands for perimenopausal skin include:
Five brands who offer gentle, skin-kind, formulations.
Hydration for skin health
Drinking plenty of water is important for maintaining healthy skin. Water helps to keep your skin hydrated and moisturised, which can help to prevent dryness and flakiness. Adequate hydration can also help to improve the elasticity of your skin, which can make it appear more youthful and radiant. Additionally, water can help to flush toxins and impurities out of your body, which can help to improve the overall health and appearance of your skin.
How do you care for your skin during the perimenopause? I’d love to hear your tips.
Thank you for stopping by.
To learn how to balance your blood sugar during the perimenopause, click here.